Tuesday 18 September 2012

0 Stay focused. Take your time.

I went home early today after a assignment submission.
On the way home I decided to pay my friend a visit, like myself, my buddy here also works out in the garage. I went in from the side door and sat on the bench waiting for him to finish his sets. He was doing power cleans on a free bar at the time. I noticed he was forcing his lower back a lot, not to mention he was rushing his set. In the past he had complained about back pain and lack of muscle development no matter how much he works out.


In this post I'd like to briefly talk about staying focused and taking your time.



When i mentioned that my buddy had rushed his workout and complained of a lack of muscle development and body aches. It was simply because he doesn't focus in his workout and has a tendency to rush things. To fix these two issues we sat down and redefined two little things that can make every workout count.

Focus. When we focus and think about what we are doing and concentrate on defining our technique our gains will be more eminent and our body will be under less pressure. Chances of injuring yourself is also lower as you will be focussing in correcting your workout and technique.

Whilst you're focused and concentrating on implementing the perfect technique and workout. Taking your time is just as vital. When you slow down and refocus and refresh, your next set or rep will benefit. Gains and reduced chances of injury will be more eminent too. Not to mention a more effective workout as you will be pacing yourself and not rushing through each workout. 

Quality over quantity.

Remember to FOCUS and TAKE YOUR TIME

I hope this helped you Potatoes!

Kwongie



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

That potato. Copyright © 2011